Thursday, April 19, 2018

20 Questions Book Tag

The 20 Questions Book Tag!

1. How many books is too many books in a book series? 

Usually anything after 4 books starts to drag or get old, with the exception of Harry Potter of course!

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?

I love them and hate them! I enjoy them if I don't have to wait too long for the next book in the series. It is torture when a new release ends on a cliffhanger and you have to wait a year or more for the sequel!

3. Hardback or paperback?

I prefer hardback because they hold up better and they are more aesthetically pleasing, but paperbacks are convenient and way cheaper.

4. Favorite book?

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy & Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

5. Least favorite book?

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

6. Love triangles, yes or no?

It depends on how they are written. I enjoy the triangles in books like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. If they are "insta-lovey" or not very fleshed out, I am not a fan.

7. The most recent book you just couldn't finish?

The Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes

8. A book you're currently reading?

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Guilty as Cinnamon by Leslie Budewitz.

I normally don't read that many at one time. It is crunch time in my YA lit class!

9. Last book you recommended to someone?

Maya Angelou's Mom & Me & Mom. I recommended it to my mother. Such a good book!

10. Oldest book you've read? (Publication Date)

Beowulf published (I think) between 700-1000 A.D.

11. Newest book you've read? (Publication Date)

To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo & The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, both published on March 6, 2018.

12. Favorite author?

My favorite classic author is Jane Austen, and my favorite contemporary author is harder to pinpoint. I will read anything Rick Riordan writes, and I also love Libba Bray's Diviners series.

13. Buying books or borrowing books?

Because I am such a mood reader, I prefer buying books, but it can get costly. I enjoy borrowing books to support my local library!

14. A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. The ending ruined it for me. I also thought that The Cruel Prince by Holly Black was a bit of a let down too.

15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?

BOOKMARKS! Only monsters dog-ear books!

16. A book you can always re-read?

The Diviners by Libba Bray and Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.

17. Can you read while hearing music?

It depends on the book. Usually I can't, but if it is a book that I have read a few times, music doesn't distract me.

18. One POV or multiple POVs?

Again, this depends on the book. If the multiple POVs are well done, then I enjoy them. It is interesting to read different perspectives of the story.

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?

I tend to read a few books at a time, so I usually read a book over multiple days. However, because I can read in my down time at work, if the book is short enough, I can finish it in one sitting.

20. A book you've read because of the cover? 



These are the most recent: The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi, The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, and To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment